Serving fantastic customers for over 50 years!
Luxury Car of the Week!
Jaguar XF Portfolio 2.2d Auto
View Offer Details
Free Bodywork Estimates
Had an accident? Need a quality repair at a quality price? Bring your car to us.
Dirty Diesel Cleaning
Diesel down on power? Economy dropping? Let us answer how to clean DPF? And make your Diesel like new again.
« Go Back
21 June 2019
Department: Service Reception
Salary: 20'000 - 25'000 ote
Benefits: On-target earnings bonus.
Company pension scheme.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm, 1 in 2 Saturdays 8am - 5pm.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy: Service Advisor
We are currently looking for a Service Advisor to join our busy Service Reception in Blackfen.
Previous experience in a similar motor trade role is desirable, but we would also welcome someone with good customer service skills from a different industry.
To ensure customer queries are handled quickly and efficiently and that necessary service administration is undertaken.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To take all bookings for service work and MOT, either through personal contact with the customer or by telephone.
2. To schedule all work to maximise workshop utilisation, ensuring that completion is in line with the customer’s requirements; offering an alternative booking if necessary.
3. To book in service work obtaining all necessary details in respect of work required, nature of problems and wherever possible identifying specific faults.
4. To promote other services and products to customers as appropriate.
5. To raise vehicle job cards for each job and pass to workshop control for scheduling.
6. To identify parts required for ordering and place with Parts department, monitoring progress.
7. To calculate the costs of each job and raise customer invoice for payment.
8. To ensure that all service documentation is accurately completed and that customers' records are maintained.
9. To notify customer of any problems and additional work required and gain authority to proceed.
10. To receive completed job cards and vehicle invoices and if required notify customer that vehicle is completed and cost involved.
11. To meet customer and explain work done and invoice details, check if customer is an approved account holder or ensure that payment is made before vehicle is released.
12. To ensure that the image and levels of customer service within the department are in line with company standards.
13. To ensure that any customer complaints are dealt with speedily and effectively and that any unresolved problems are referred to the After Sales Manager.
14. To run off Day End List and cash up at the end of the day.
15. To ensure that within your area of operation all policies, procedures and minimum standards are met and that all standard requirements are adhered to.
16. To handle all customers and suppliers with courtesy.
17. To perform any other duties as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Ideally previous technical/mechanical experience
Good customer facing and telephone skills
Training is available.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow all cookies". You can adjust your cookie settings at any time in your browser preferences. Find out more